Calamari is italian for squid. It’s a stir fried squid, a popular and a delicious dish, sautéed with a touch of ginger and garlic. A perfect weeknight choice instead of the old standby chicken.
- 3 cups oil
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 12 squid (cleaned and sliced into rings)
1 lemon – cut into wedges
- Preheat oil in a deep frying pan or a pot.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, salt, oregano, black pepper, ginger and garlic. Dredge squid through the spice mixture.
- Fry the squid for 2 to 3 minutes until light brown. Dry it on paper towels and serve with lemon wedges!
Note: Ensure not to overcook the squid, otherwise it will be tough.
If you don’t want to go through the hassle of cooking, try out the same main course dish at Gurkhas. For more information, call on 03 9387 4666.