Chicken Chilly is a popular Indo-Chinese dish that combines tender pieces of chicken with a flavourful blend of spices and vegetables. This dish is known for its bold and spicy flavours, making it a favourite among those who enjoy a little heat in their meals.
- 500 grams of boneless chicken
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (sliced)
- 3-4 green chillies
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Spring onions (for garnish)
- Use a large pan to heat the oil at a medium heat setting.
- Saute the onions until translucent. Add the garlic ginger paste and stir-fry for an additional minute. Brown the chicken pieces on all sides.
- Next, add the sliced bell peppers and green chillies, and cook until they become soft.
- Combine the soy sauce, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, salt, vinegar, sugar and black pepper in a small bowl. For chicken and vegetables, pour the sauce mixture over it, ensuring everything is evenly coated.
- Now, let the chicken simmer for approximately 10-15 minutes or until it is fully cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Once the chicken is tender, remove the lid and cook for a few more minutes to reduce any excess liquid and thicken the sauce.
- Finish by garnishing with chopped spring onions. Serve hot, and enjoy!