Chilli beef is one of the most famous indo-chinese dish in Kerela. It can be prepared with less oil, and beef pieces need not be fried. Let’s see the recipe for this delicious dish.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 400gms of beef
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp red chilli sauce
- ¾ tsp crushed pepper
- 2 medium size onions
- Half capsicum (cut into cubes)
- 1/2 inch sliced ginger
- 6 cloves of sliced garlic
- Chopped green chillies (as per taste)
- ¼ cup beef stock
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions (For garnishing)
- Cut the beef into thin strips. Put a pressure cooker over medium heat, add beef strips, and top with soy sauce and salt. Cook for 20 minutes
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and add sliced ginger, garlic, green chillies and onions. Stir fry for 2 minutes and remove to a plate.
- Add cubed capsicum and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper and then mix and remove them to another plate.
- Add 1 tsp of oil and add cooked beef. Add beef stock as required and keep aside the rest to make the gravy.
- Once the beef is heated up, stir fry for a minute and then spread the beef to the sides so that the oil will come in the middle.
- Add chilli powder and mix it well.
- Add tomato sauce, soy sauce, and red chilli sauce, and mix well.
- Add all the mixture to the cooked beef and mix well. Add crushed pepper powder and mix well.
- Mix cornflour with beef stock and water. Add to the curry, heat up and simmer for a minute. Turn off the heat and garnish with chopped spring onions.
Serve it hot with fried rice, naan or chapati.