Ginger Chicken with Mushroom
(Off the wok ginger flavour chicken with mushrooms & spices)
Adding ginger to your chicken’s diet will help you stay healthy throughout the cold months of winter. Ginger is anti-oxidant and also helps in stress reduction. Ginger, mushroom and chicken together enhance the taste.
Having the flavours ginger along with the sauteed sauce induced in the chicken and mushroom enhances the taste. This simple traditional dish is light yet very flavoursome. It shows the diversity of Napalese authenticity.
Freshly chopped parsley and added coriander add freshness and lightness to the dish. So here’s the recipe for mouthwatering, vibrant and delicious, Chicken Ginger Mushroom.
Serves: 1 or 2
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 or 2 chillies in slits
- Salt (preferably sea salt)- ½ tbsp
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 250 gms of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- 100 gms sliced baby mushrooms
- 1 tsp freshly chopped ginger
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Parsley
- Coriander leaves or cilantro – 1+1/2 tbsp finely chopped
- Parsley- 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Rinse the mushroom under water until clean
- Wash the chicken clean
- Turn the heat on. Place peas in a small container and keep it for boil
- Drain and set aside once boiled
- In a bowl, add cornflour, pepper powder, milk and salt
- Stir fry chicken in 1 tsp oil in a wok style and chilli slits until no longer pink
- Turn off the heat and keep aside
- Add ginger to the oil and stir fry mushrooms in it.
- Add the peas along with the cornflour mixture and stir
- Put the chicken in the pan and mix all together
- Bring to boil until thickened
- Garnish with cilantro
- Garnish with Parsley
Tip: To get the perfect crunchy yet juicy chicken, let the mixture thicken. Do not cook on high flames to avoid overcooking. Serve hot to prevent them from going soggy.