Goruko Masu means beef curry. Goruko Masu is a delightful Nepali dish. It has the goodness of whole spices like cloves, bay leaf, cardamom pods and cinnamon sticks. Goruko Masu is a very famous dish in Nepal. Let’s see the delicious recipe for Goruko Masu. This recipe includes tender slices of beef cooked in rich curry with fresh coriander.
- ½ Kg beef
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 cloves
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 cardamom pods
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- 4 coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker, add cloves, cardamom pods, bay leaves and fenugreek seeds and saute them for around 15 to 20 seconds till the aroma starts to develop.
- Add sliced onions and saute till it turns golden brown. Now add ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder and saute it for another 1 minute.
- Add sliced beef and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add required salt, chilli powder and diced tomatoes. Cook till the tomato is tender and dissolves in the curry, and the oil starts separating from the masala.
- Add garam masala and a cup of water, stir it and put on the lid of the pressure cooker. Now cook it for 15 minutes on low heat. Garnish and serve with fresh coriander.