Saffron Rice Kheer is an Indian rice pudding which is a one-pot dessert. It is one of the easiest and tastiest Indian desserts that cooked with rice, milk, sugar and nuts.
Cooking time: 50-55 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
- Full cream milk – 5 cups
- (Washed) rice – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Raisins – 10-12 no.
- Crushed green cardamoms – 4 no.
- Blanched & shredded almonds – 10-12 no.
- Generous pinch of saffron strands
- Rose water (optional) – 2 tsp
- Dried rose petals (optional) – 1 tbsp
- Take a deep pan and boil the rice and milk.
- Simmer over a low flame and keep stirring it occasionally till the milk becomes thick and the rice is cooked. Soak a few strands of saffron in 1 tsp warm milk.
- Now add sugar, raisins and crushed cardamoms. Add soaked saffron in the mixture and stir it till the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool for a while. Now add rose water.
- Transfer the Kheer in a serving bowl and garnish with almonds and rose petals.
- Serve hot or chilled.