- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 ½ or 1 small cup of sliced leek
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups of white or brown button mushrooms (quartered or halved)
- 3 ½ cups chicken/ vegetable broth
- ½ cup cream (light cream tastes better)
- ½ tsp dried thyme leaves
- 4 cups sliced and assorted mushrooms
- 2 cups red lentils (cooked)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a large pot, stirring constantly, sauté leeks in the butter for 2-3 minutes.
- Stirring occasionally, add garlic and button mushrooms. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- After adding the broth, cream and thyme, simmer for another 10 minutes. Set aside the soup base from heat to cool for a couple of minutes.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, sauté the assorted mushrooms using a light coating of oil until lightly browned for approximately 7 minutes.
- Carefully blend the soup base, starting on low in a blender or mixer.
- Add sautéed mushroom, cooked lentils, salt and pepper to the soup base.
- Serve it warm and enjoy a healthy, hearty soup.
Quick Taste-enhancer Tip:
Along with assorted mushrooms, add other sautéed veggies such as celery, carrot and onions.