We will use pumpkin, onions, tamarind paste and authentic Indian spices to make this dish tastier. This recipe is healthy and easy to make at home. Let’s see the recipe for this delicious dish.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 2 cups pumpkin (cut into cubes)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- ¼ tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chillies (finely chopped)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- ½ tablespoon jaggery
- Heat oil in a big pot over medium heat
- Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add chopped onion, ginger garlic paste, green chillies, and curry leaves and saute until onions turn golden brown
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Mix it well.
- Add pumpkin and sprinkle salt over it and add water. Cover the lid and cook it for 3-4 minutes
- After 3-4 minutes, check to see if the pumpkin is properly cooked; if not, let it cook for another minute.
- Add tamarind paste to the pumpkin curry.
- Add jaggery, cook it for 1-2 minutes, and keep it uncovered. Make sure that all the water is absorbed.
Serve it hot with chapati or paratha.