Food has a simple theory. The simple the food, the better to digest and better for the growth of the body. Chickpea is consumed around the world and especially in Indian due to its multiple health benefits like
- Balancing the sugar level in the body
- Increasing the iron proportion in the body
- Lowering cholesterol level in the body
- Aids in weight loss management
- Help in reducing rashes and blemishes on the skin
It is one of the protein-rich food categorized under legumes in the vegetarian department. It is consumed by bodybuilders and gym trainers to keep the nutrition intake in balance. The chickpea or chana curry is consumed in different ways in different regions of India with rice, bhature (maida bread), wheat bread, etc. We at Gurkhas, like to serve it with roti, authentic fusion of Indian and Nepali way.
Let’s see how you can cook this delicious dish at home in a maximum of two hours with minimum available ingredients.
- Bay leaf
- 2-3 Garlic
- Oil or Ghee
- 2 – 4 onions
- Cumin seeds
- Fennel seeds
- 2-3 tomatoes
- Chana masala
- Garam masala
- All-purpose flour
- Red chili powder
- Coriander leaves
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1 bowl of white chickpeas
Recipe For Chickpea Curry
- Take a medium size cooker and boil potato and chickpea. It will be best to boil it separately. If you wish to get it done early, you can add salt in the water.
- Take the required quantity of garlic and ginger and make a paste out of it with the help of mixture.
- Take tomatoes and onion in the required quantity and make a thick paste out of it. Make both of the pastes separately.
- Take a bowl and add all-purpose flour and salt into it. Add water in the required quantity and mix it well till it becomes a soft dough.
- Now, make small balls out of the dough and try to make it into a round bread-like structure.
- Fold the edged in the front and make it a square-shaped bread. Spread some oil on top of it and leave it aside till you prepare the chickpea curry
- Now, take a large pan and add oil or ghee to it, keeping it on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cumin seeds, bay leaf, onion paste into the pan, and rinse it well for 2 long minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger paste to it and rinse it well till the entire paste turns brown in color. It means the paste is cooked well and will be easy to digest.
- Add boiled chickpeas and potatoes in the pan and stir it for 2-4 minutes.
- Add chana masala, garam masala, salt, and red chili powder into it and again stir it well for 4-5 minutes to absorb the masala better. You can add rock salt into this for health benefits.
- Add water and close the pan for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can take start baking the bread at low flame.
- Once the curry is ready, you can add lemon form the top along with some coriander leaves for taste and decoration.
- Serve it hot with soft square bread.
In case, you just feel like lying and watch some Netflix show you added to the wishlist last week, just cut off the hassle for making the perfect dish and just dial and place an order. Visit https://www.gurkhas.com.au/food-menus/ or call us at 03 9387 4666 and within no time, hot and mouth-watering roti chana will be at your doorsteps.