Stuffed veg pepper is a perfect meal for a family gathering or just an average weeknight. It can be enjoyed with some crusty bread, salad, or your favourite side dish. Whether you’re new to cooking or have been doing it for years, this recipe is easy to make and tastes really good.
Let’s see the recipe for this delicious dish:
- 4 Large Bell Peppers (any colour)
- 1 cup Rice
- 2 cups Mushroom (chopped)
- 1 cup Chickpeas (boiled)
- 1 cup Cheese (shredded)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Remove the tops of the bell peppers and gently remove the seeds from them. Keep these hollow peppers aside.
- Heat up a large pan, add the olive oil, and cook over medium heat. Toss in the onions and garlic, sautéing them until they become soft and release their aroma.
- Now, it’s time for the mushrooms. Add them to the pan and stir until they soften. Blend in the chickpeas and cook for a few more minutes until all ingredients are well combined.
- Once the veggies are done, combine the prepared rice with the mushroom chickpea medley and prepare a mixture. Then sprinkle salt, pepper, and some red pepper flakes in the mixture (if you prefer a bit of heat).
- Now, spoon the prepared rice mixture into the hollowed bell peppers, fill them right to the brim, and carefully sprinkle cheese.
- Cover the stuffed peppers in a baking dish with foil. Bake them for approximately 25–30 minutes, until the peppers are tender and the cheese has become a beautiful golden brown layer.
- Serve it with some fresh parsley and a side of your favourite sauce. Enjoy!