Aloo Rayo is a famous Nepali dish made with spinach and authentic spices, which makes this dish more flavourful. Let’s see the recipe for this delicious dish.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- A bunch of spinach (clean and chopped)
- 3 dried red chillies
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 medium-sized potatoes
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Cumin-Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 and ½ tablespoons ginger garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- ½ tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1 cup water
- Heat oil in a big pot over medium heat
- Add dried chillies, cumin and fenugreek seeds and fry until golden brown.
- Add potatoes, salt, and turmeric powder. Fry until the potatoes turn golden brown.
- Spinach, tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, and cumin-coriander powder were added to the pot. Now cover and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add water, stir, and cook for five more minutes on medium heat.
Serve it hot and enjoy it with rice or chapati.