Kukhura ma Krim is a popular Nepali dish that is both easy to make and delicious to eat. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with rice for a satisfying meal. Here’s a simple recipe to make Kukhura ma Krim at home:
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- 500 gms of boneless chicken
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp of ginger paste
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- ½ tsp of turmeric powder
- ½ tsp of red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp of cooking oil
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- Heat the cooking oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped onion, minced garlic, and ginger paste to the pan and saute for a few minutes until the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the boneless chicken to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the chicken becomes soft.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and salt to the pan and stir well to combine.
- Pour the heavy cream into the pan and mix well with the chicken and spices.
- Turn the heat to low and let the chicken cook in the cream for 10-15 minutes, occasionally stirring until the sauce thickens and the chicken is fully cooked.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove the pan from the heat and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
Serve hot with rice or chapati.