Midweek Dinner Dilemma? – Try This Easy Lamb Cutlet Recipe
Have you invited over some friends from work for a dinner party? Are you browsing every food blog for some easy and interesting recipe to delight your friends?
We can help you!
These spicy and succulent lamb cutlets are the solution to your dinner party dilemma. Tender lamb pieces are marinated (often overnight) in a spicy mix of spices and grilled. Crispy from outside and juicy from the inside, lamb cutlets are served with a side salad and tangy chutney.
- Trimmed and boned lamb chops – 500 gm
- Curry powder – 1 tbsp
- Flour – 1 cup
- Beaten eggs for egg-wash – 3 No.
- Cooking oil — 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Grated nutmeg – 1/4 tsp
- Szechwan pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Chili paste – 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste- 1 tbsp
- Asafetida – a Pinch
- Cooking oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt and Pepper
- Wrap the lamb chops in a plastic foil. Take a mallet and pound the lamb pieces to thin it to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Transfer the minced lamb in a bowl and add all the marinade ingredients.
- Mix everything well, so it coats every piece of tenderized lamb. Cover the mix and refrigerate it overnight.
- Break eggs in a bowl. Add salt and pepper and beat it well. Take flour in a bowl and add curry powder and salt to it.
- Take the marinated lamb pieces and dip in the egg wash. Spread the egg-washed pieces over the seasoned flour. Coat it well.
- Take a griddle and put some oil. Shallow fry the coated lamb piece until they turn golden brown.
- Cut the cutlets into 1-inch strips and arrange it on stir-fried vegetables. Top the lamb pieces with mango chutney.