(marinated and grilled chicken wings served with rice and mix veggies on a sizzling platter)
Sekuwa Chicken is one of the most eaten Nepalese dishes. It is trendy in Nepal and is loved by all. This dish offers authentic Nepalese culture. The deliciously marinated chicken with various spices and Timur is the perfect blend. Freshly chopped and added coriander along with spring onions adds freshness and lightness to the dish! The garnishing of sesame seeds adds a unique texture to the taste.
Prepared in traditional Napalese style and served with rice and mixed veggie along with a salad side, you are sure to go on a tasty ride of delicious flavours.
Serves: 1 or 2
- To marinate the Chicken Breats
- Black pepper powder- ½ tbsp
- Curd- ½ cup
- Fresh ginger and garlic paste- ½ tbsp each
- Lemon juice- 2 tbsp
- Sichuan peppercorns (Timur)- ½ tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tbsp
- Salt (preferably sea salt)- ½ tbsp
- Chicken breasts washed and cleaned diced in to one inch cubes
- Coriander leaves or cilantro- 2 tbsp chopped
- Spring onions chopped
- Lemon Juice
- Rinse the chicken breasts under water until clean.
- Drain the water and put it in a clean bowl
- Add ½ tsp of black pepper to it.
- Add 1 tsp of turmeric and red chilli powder each. Also, add salt to the bowl of chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle Sichuan peppercorns (Timur) and mix well.
- Add the curd and the fresh ginger garlic paste and mix again.
- Lately, add lemon juice and mix.
- Cover the bowl with a cling wrap and set it aside for at least 2 hours.
- Oil your grills and place each of the marinated chicken pieces.
- Once properly grilled, take out the pieces and place them on a plate.
- Place chopped spring onions, chopped cilantro beside the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle lemon juice all over the plate
- Serve with rice and mix veggies.
Tip: To get the perfect Sekuwa Chicken, ensure your grill is hot.